Commercial Property Solicitor
Salary (dependent upon experience)
Hours: Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:00
Our staff and culture is our biggest asset by far, we are Investors in People with a passion in staff development. We encourage our staff to be creative, innovative, and implement new ideas and processes within their areas. This is an amazing opportunity to join a strong growing company with an outstanding record of awards and a string of staff benefits. Being part of the company you will be entitled to 2 days community leave per annum to work with charities or get involved in local community projects. You will have access to the group social committee taking part in monthly prize draws, receiving monthly newsletters, events local to your branch and UK wide events each year as well as an annual Christmas Party. We are offering brilliant training schemes from support staff to Solicitors and Managers and have made sure training is at the core of what we do.
The right candidate will have a property acumen and previous experience within a law firm and all aspects of the commercial conveyancing process. The candidate will be required to provide cost effective support, be a good team player and have the ability to multitask. Key tasks involve undertaking fee earning work under supervision.
- Undertake fee earning work and provide a profitable contribution to the work of the department.
- Ensure the successful development of the firm in line with the business plan.
- Conduct of matters on behalf of clients.
- Management of support services for which (s)he is responsible.
- Participation in marketing activities whether on a firm wide, departmental or office basis.
- Financial control with particular regard to cash flow control through collection of monies on account and billing procedures.
Requirements of the role
• 3+ years’ experience in the Commercial Property field
Skills and Competences
• Good communication skills both written and verbal
• Ability to work under pressure to meet the deadlines
• Good managerial, team leadership and personal organisation skills
• Good decision making skills
• Self-starter and motivator
• Attention to detail
• Team player
• Shows gravitas and has the potential to grow further
The EHL Group PLC is a professional services group focused on bringing together a range of skills and expertise from legal services to marketing with a core aim of providing exceptional advice and support to our clients.
At EHL Group we like to do things differently and challenge the norm. We believe passionately in individual talent and local knowledge. We care about the communities in which we are based and want to play an active role in supporting those communities. We work hard to nurture the talent within our organisation and to support their ambitions. We work in partnership with our clients and other advisors in a positive way to help all parties achieve their goals.
Our network of local solicitor firms is one of the largest in the country and growing. We believe passionately in the local advisor and while we offer a strong on-line presence we believe people trust and buy from people. Many of the solicitor firms that form part of the EHL Group have been based in their local community for over a 100 years.
While we have a strong local presence we also have the benefit of scale. We have specialist teams in tax, trusts, marketing, social media, commercial law, HR and employment law amongst many others. This depth of expertise and knowledge means that we can cater for a range of challenges and deliver the advice and support at a local level.