We seek an experienced commercial solicitor of at least 5 to 10 years’ qualification, with experience of either (or ideally both) commercial property and commercial/corporate work for SMEs and bigger, with either a connection to the Peak District or a desire to move here long term; some client following and/or some knowledge of Agricultural Law” an advantage.
We believe in working hard to deliver the best service to our clients but we also recognise that there is more to life than hard work.
We want every member of staff to travel to work feeling happy, every day. We have built up a fantastic culture within our business that welcomes and involves all staff across the country.
Holidays: 25 days basic plus 8 Bank and Public Holidays.
We also offer 1 extra day holiday for each 5 years service up to a maximum of 2 extra days.
Salary range: £ Dependent on Experience
We promise to make your career enjoyable and rewarding whilst working with EHL.
To see our full list of benefits please visit: http://www.ehlgroup.co.uk/ehl-careers/best-place-to-work/
Main Purpose of Job
To undertake a full range of commercial and commercial property work for a range of clients, both in Buxton and within the EHL Branch network; to work in tandem with colleagues in related areas within Buxton Office, the Branch network and EHL generally.
Main Responsibilities (this list is non-exhaustive)
Main Tasks: List of areas of responsibilities
- Providing legal advice and assistance to clients
- Managing instructions to completion, principally unsupervised
- Working where necessary as part of a project team
- Assist with Business Development, Training
- Provide support as required to others in the business
- Meeting financial targets
- Maintaining a professional standard
- Working appropriately with more junior solicitors, paralegals, legal secretaries and other support staff as appropriate
- Carrying out risk assessments on all files and notifying compliance of any risks to the firm;
- To take part in pro-bono work;
- Keeping up to date with compliance procedures and policies;
- Keeping up to date with changes and developments in the law
Wide – reaching responsibilities:
- To act in the best interest of the firm at all times;
- To adhere to the group policies at all times;
- To act in accordance with reasonable instructions given by senior managers at all times;
- To act in a manner that promotes and protects the firm’s reputation;
- To maintain high standards of client care at all times;
- To enforce the firm policies;
- To promote the core values of the firm;
- To cultivate the culture of the firm.
- To maintain your CPD record and complying with SRA requirements;
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- 5 years experience
- A passion for Law;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- Dedication and commitment;
- Analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Numeracy and IT skills;
- Stamina and resilience;
- Ability to plan work and prioritise tasks;
- Interpersonal skills, to work as part of a team or with other people and organisations;
- A professional approach to work, integrity and a respect for confidentiality.
Job Type: Full-time