Salary (dependent upon experience)
Hours: Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:00
Our staff and culture is our biggest asset by far, we are Investors in People with a passion in staff development. We encourage our staff to be creative, innovative, and implement new ideas and processes within their areas. This is an amazing opportunity to join a strong growing company with an outstanding record of awards and a string of staff benefits. Being part of the company you will be entitled to 2 days community leave per annum to work with charities or get involved in local community projects. You will have access to the group social committee taking part in monthly prize draws, receiving monthly newsletters, events local to your branch and UK wide events each year as well as an annual Christmas Party. We are offering brilliant training schemes from support staff to Solicitors and Managers and have made sure training is at the core of what we do.
Main Purpose of Job
To provide expert legal support and advice to clients. To take instructions from clients and advise on necessary courses of legal action. Clients can be individuals, groups, public sector organisations or private companies.
Main Responsibilities (this list is non-exhaustive)Main Tasks:
List of areas of responsibilities
• Providing legal advice and assistance to clients
• Managing a caseload to completion
• Working where necessary as part of a project team
• Business Development Training and support
• Compliance with firm policies Time recording
• Meeting financial targets
• Meeting marketing targets
• Maintaining a professional standard
• Delegating work to trainee solicitors, paralegals and legal secretaries as appropriate;
• Carrying out risk assessments on all files and notifying compliance of any risks to the firm;
• To take part in pro-bono work;
• Keeping up to date with compliance procedures and policies;
• Keeping up to date with changes and developments in the law by reading journals and law reports;
• To meet all KPIs in terms of financial targets, compliance and Marketing.
Wide reaching responsibilities:
• To act in the best interest of the firm at all times;
• To adhere to the group policies at all times;
• To act in accordance with reasonable instructions given by senior managers at all times;
• To act in a manner that promotes and protects the firm’s reputation;
• To maintain high standards of client care at all times;
• To enforce the firm policies;
• To promote the core values of the firm;
• To cultivate the culture of the firm.
• To maintain your CPD record and complying with SRA/CILEX requirements;
• To actively keep up to date and further your knowledge within the area of which you work.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
• Minimum of 2 years Family experience
• A passion for Law;
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
• Dedication and commitment;
• Analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Accuracy and attention to detail;
• Numeracy and IT skills;
• Stamina and resilience;
• Ability to plan work and prioritise tasks;
• Interpersonal skills, to work as part of a team or with other people and organisations;
• A professional approach to work, integrity and a respect for confidentiality.
Job Type: Full-time