We believe in working hard to deliver the best service to our clients but we also recognise there is more to life than hard work. We want every member of staff to drive into work feeling happy, every day. We have built up a fantastic culture within our business that welcomes and involves all staff across the country, and we provide a supportive, fun environment for you.
Holidays: 25 days basic plus 8 Bank and Public Holidays. We also offer 1 extra day holiday for each 5 year service.
Salary: Dependant upon experience
We promise to make your career enjoyable and rewarding whilst working with EHL and will be committed to progressing and developing you. To see our full list of benefits please visit: http://www.ehlgroup.co.uk/ehl-careers/best-place-to-work/
Main Purpose of Job
To provide expert legal support and advice to clients. To take instructions from clients and advise on necessary courses of legal action. Clients can be individuals, groups, public sector organisations or private companies.
Main Responsibilities (this list is non-exhaustive)
• Providing legal advice and assistance to clients in the Licensing area of Law
• Managing a caseload to completion
• Working where necessary as part of a project team
• Business Development Training and support
• Compliance with firm policies Time recording
• Meeting financial targets
• Meeting marketing targets
• Maintaining a professional standard
• Delegating work to trainee solicitors, paralegals and legal secretaries as appropriate;
• Carrying out risk assessments on all files and notifying compliance of any risks to the firm;
• Keeping up to date with compliance procedures and policies;
• Keeping up to date with changes and developments in the law by reading journals and law reports;
Wide reaching responsibilities:
• To act in the best interest of the firm at all times;
• To adhere to the group policies at all times;
• To act in accordance with reasonable instructions given by senior managers at all times;
• To act in a manner that promotes and protects the firm’s reputation;
• To maintain high standards of client care at all times;
• To enforce the firm policies;
• To promote the core values of the firm;
• To cultivate the culture of the firm.
• To maintain your CPD record and complying with SRA/CILEX requirements;
• To actively keep up to date and further your knowledge within the area of which you work.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
• Licensing experience of at least 3 years
• A passion for Law;
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
• Dedication and commitment;
• Analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Accuracy and attention to detail;
• Numeracy and IT skills;
• Stamina and resilience;
• Ability to plan work and prioritise tasks;
• Interpersonal skills, to work as part of a team or with other people and organisations;
• A professional approach to work, integrity and a respect for confidentiality.
Job Type: Full-time