Are you enthusiastic?
Are you positive?
Are you looking for your next challenge?
Edward Hands and Lewis are growing and looking for an experienced Residential Conveyancer to join the team. If you’re passionate about conveyancing and have experience of running your own caseload from start to finish then we want to hear from you!
- Liaising with clients to ensure full understanding of the purchase and sale contract;
- Preparing documentation for the conveyancing of property;
- Liaising with fellow professionals from legal practices, banks and accountancy firms;
- Filing and indexing paperwork;
- Managing your own caseload
- Meeting and interviewing clients to establish the firm’s suitability to provide the necessary advice and services, based on the firm’s specialism;
- Advising a client on the law and legal issues relating to their case;
- Drafting documents, letters and contracts as required;
- Researching and analysing documents and case law to ensure the accuracy of advice and procedure;
- Checking all documentation prior to signing and implementing;
- Time recording and billing;
- Carrying out all necessary AML requirements;
- Ensuring you comply with the CML and Panel requirements;
- Ensuring all files meet compliance requirements;
- Keeping up to date with compliance procedures and policies;
- Keeping up to date with changes and developments in the law by reading journals and law reports;
Knowledge, skills and experience required
. FILEX or Licensed Conveyancer with 2-3 years experience of handling own caseload
- To be able to work autonomously;
- To take responsibility for your files;
- To become an integral part of the team;
- A strong desire to learn;
- Enthusiastic and ambitious;
- The ability to complete assigned tasks effectively and promptly;
- Social and positive attitude and personality;
- Adaptable and accommodating;
- A professional approach;
- A smart and tidy appearance;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- IT competent, particularly with reference to the use of Word and Excel.
We believe in working hard to deliver the best service to our clients but we also recognise that there is more to life than hard work.We want every member of staff to drive into work feeling happy, every day. We have built up a fantastic culture within our business that welcomes and involves all staff across the country, and we provide a supportive, fun environment for you. We promise to make your career enjoyable and rewarding whilst working with EHL and will be committed to progressing and developing you.
Holidays: 23 days basic plus 8 Bank and Public Holidays (able to purchase up to 4 days extra).
Up to 2 days extra to participate in Community/Charitable activities
Dress down Fridays
Job Type: Full-time