We believe in working hard to deliver the best service to our clients but we also recognise that there is more to life than hard work.
We want every member of staff to drive into work feeling happy, every day. We have built up a fantastic culture within our business that welcomes and involves all staff across the country, and we provide a supportive, fun environment for you.
Salary: Up to £45,000 (DOE)
Holidays: 25 days basic plus 8 Bank and Public Holidays (able to purchase up to 4 days extra).
Up to 2 days extra to participate in Community/Charitable activities
Dress down Fridays
Active Social Committee
We promise to make your career enjoyable and rewarding whilst working with EHL and will be committed to progressing and developing you.
To see our full list of benefits please visit: http://www.ehlgroup.co.uk/ehl-careers/best-place-to-work/
We have an exciting opportunity to join our expanding private client team and branch network in Nottinghamshire. The successful candidate should be able to undertake all aspects of private client work including, Estate Planning, Wills, Lasting Power of Attorney and Probate. With an expanding branch network we are looking for a candidate with a minimum of 3 years PQE in the practice area. The desire to manage and build a team of advisors is essential and a pivotal part of the role. The successful candidate should be self motivated and a team player ready and willing to mentor and manage staff as well as their own case load and clients.
Candidate should be able to work with minimal supervision and will join a friendly and established team with an innovative approach.
Role Title: Senior Private Client Solicitor
Main Purpose of Job
To provide expert legal support and advice to clients in Private client matters. To take instructions from clients and progress their case from start to finish.
- Meeting and interviewing clients to establish the firm’s suitability to provide the necessary advice and services, based on the firm’s specialism and likely cost;
- Taking a client’s instructions;
- Advising a client on the law and the process;
- Drafting documents, letters and contracts tailored to the client’s individual needs;
- Negotiating with clients and other professionals to secure agreed objectives;
- Researching and analysing documents and case law to ensure the accuracy of advice and procedure;
- Supervising the implementation of agreements;
- Coordinating the work of all parties involved;
- Corresponding with clients and opposing solicitors;
- Working in a team, sometimes referring cases to the Practice Group Head;
- Delegating work to trainee advisors, paralegal advisors and support staff as appropriate;
- Arranging and attending further client meetings where necessary to progress with the case and finalise documentation;
- Checking all documentation prior to signing and implementing;
- Time recording and billing clients for work done on their behalf;
- Taking referrals from other firms of solicitors when a conflict of interest arises or if they have no specialist practitioner available;
- Carrying out risk assessments on all files and notifying compliance of any risks to the firm;
- Carrying out all necessary AML requirements;
- Ensuring all files meet compliance requirements;
- To take part in pro-bono work;
- Keeping up to date with compliance procedures and policies;
- Keeping up to date with changes and developments in the law by reading journals and law reports;
- To meet all KPIs in terms of financial targets, compliance and Marketing.
Wide reaching responsibilities:
- To act in the best interest of the firm at all times;
- To adhere to the group policies at all times;
- To act in accordance with reasonable instructions given by senior managers at all times;
- To act in a manner that promotes and protects the firm’s reputation;
- To maintain high standards of client care at all times;
- To enforce the firm policies;
- To promote the core values of the firm;
- To cultivate the culture of the firm.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- At least 3 years experience in Private Client;
- Ideally educated to at least CILEX level 3, or completed LLB.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Enthusiastic and ambitious;
- Adaptable and accommodating;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- To take responsibility for your files;
- The ability to complete assigned tasks effectively and promptly;
- Social and positive attitude and personality;
- Adaptable and accommodating;
- IT competent, particularly with reference to the use of Word and Excel;
- Interpersonal skills, to work as part of a team or with other people and organisations;
- Potential to lead and delegate responsibility;
- Flexibility and openness to new ideas;
- A professional approach to work, integrity and a respect for confidentiality.
To apply for this role please send your CV to email@example.com